Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Gooseberry & Elderflower - Second Bottle (B4), 2nd August 2013 (ish)

This bottle was the booby prize for the 'Last Night at Rydal Quiz'. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to offload some of this wine, without having to drink any myself. The team that came last included Imogen, a cellist who had not been to Rydal before and who has made wine in the past. Therefore she took the bottle, not realising how awful it is likely to be. At breakfast this morning I warned her of the ghastly aftertaste, and I am pleased I did, because she had been looking forward to opening the wine. Imogen now has plans to pass it onto someone else. I wonder who the unfortunate victim will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment