Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 18 August 2013

Elderberry Wine - Tenth Bottle (B1), 10th August 2013

Well, I do make a grand bottle of elderberry wine if I say so myself. This wine was rich, dark and heavy and has made me rather sleepy. To the extent that I shall finish this entry tomorrow. Pathetic, I know.

(It is now tomorrow.) I had a glorious time drinking this. Claire and I were in the kitchen together: she jam making and I making wine and cooking. It was nothing exciting or out of the ordinary, but it was special. This togetherness. Pottering about in hobbit-like fashion.

The meal I cooked was griddled courgettes, grilled lamb chops marinated in olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary, and Julia's home grown beans. All delicious and the wine went splendidly with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment