Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 4 March 2012

Elderberry Wine - Bottle B4, 28th February - 3rd March 2012

Claire and I both had a night in on Tuesday, which is a rare enough occasion to justify opening a bottle of wine. However, when Claire requested elderberry I pulled a disapproving face. We had already had an elderberry in February. Even as I was vocalising this thought I realised it was pathetic (and not a little controlling) so elderberry it was.

We drank it slowly through the week, not finishing it until tonight - Saturday - and it deteriorated from really rather drinkable on Tuesday to just on the right side of 'rank' for the last glass. Wednesday night's glass was (as is usual for a Wednesday night) after a WYSO rehearsal. I am really enjoying Peter and the Wolf; it is clever, engaging music too easily dismissed as a novelty for children. The cat has the best tune, which is no surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment