Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Christmas Tutti Fruti - Bottle A2, 24th-25th March 2012

What a splendid bottle of wine, if I do say so myself. Fruity, smooth, well rounded. I think it one of my best, but suspect chances of replicating it are low. Still, there are another eight bottles to go.

I opened this on Saturday night, after a concert with the Yorkshire Wind Orchestra in Ilkley. The theme was French and we played in a church where the echo effect was on its full setting. The most exciting part of the evening, though, was not the music, but meeting a bass clarinetist who reads my blog. She said I look younger in real life and insisted I leave with a baguette. What's not to like?

Claire and I finished the bottle tonight to a roast shoulder of lamb which, on the whole, is chewier than leg. It has been a glorious day, full of digging, sunshine and spinach soup.