Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday, 2 May 2011

Rhubarb - Bottle B2, 2nd May 2011

I suggested to Claire this morning that we should not have a bottle tonight. She raised an eyebrow and I capitulated. It is, after all, a Bank Holiday Monday, and I will not open another one until Thursday. But we are drinking too much.

I chose Rhubarb before I knew that I would be making this year's batch of rhubarb wine today, so perhaps it was fated. Anyway, the wine was excellent - it is a beautiful colour, with its metallic hint of pink and virtually no other hue. The taste is unusual but in an entirely good way: acidic and semi-sweet, with a hidden fruitiness. We drank it to delicious salt and pepper chicken wings with a Chinese mushroom, cabbage and kim chee (sp?) stew over noodles.