Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 8 May 2011

Elderberry - Bottle B6, 8th May 2011

We had roast duck tonight. This was my 'Congratulations on Getting a New Job' treat. I start working for the police tomorrow, which was not on my Life Plan 'To Do' List. I am actually remarkably enthusiastic about it, though I suspect I shall not sleep well tonight.

The elderberry wine was a perfect bottle to accompany duck: the sweet, round flavours complemented the rich fatty flavours of the meat. Claire's spiced kumquats added to the general exotic timbre of the meal. We also had our first English asparagus of the year and, more impressively, the first entirely home-grown salad, including near-flourescent radishes.

After the salad course and one glass of wine I shaved off my 'unemployment beard'. Another glass would have made this a perilous activitiy.

No comments:

Post a Comment