Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 14 May 2011

Raspberry - Bottle 1, 14th May 2011

It has been an evening of general debauchery. We are at 3, The Alders, which inevitably means far more alcohol than is good for beast or man. One of the earlier bottles was this Raspberry, and I have shared it between six and a half. The half was Alastair, who is driving and therefore only wanted a sip. We drank it to a Pork Roast, cooked by Bob (Judith is walking in France). This is a good bottle - a beautiful colour and stuffed with fruit. (Odd, that.) Andrew thought it yeasty to begin with but "a shit-load better than what we had after". As this consisted of a bottle of Wolf Blass Yellow Label and two bottles of McGuigan Estate Shiraz (all of which I have indulged in copiously) I shall take that as a massive compliment. Hic.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben, the Raspberry sounds good! Will you be putting any photos of your wine on your posts? I just thought to myself "Would be great to see what it looks like in the glass; it would be like a litmus paper test for all us novices out here!" I could hold future wines up to your images and see if they're vaguely the right colour! and once someone invents a 'scratch and sniff' computer screen, the sky's the limit!!

    ReplyDelete