Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 29 September 2020

Gooseberry Wine 2019 - Third Bottle (3), 25th September 2020

I opened this bottle after a monumentally busy day. I had 12 completions, plus 3 exchanges and all my other work besides. There was never a feeling of being overwhelmed, however, and I came away with the sense of a job well done.

I opened this gooseberry wine to the news that Leeds has gone into a local Lockdown. This is depressing - we will not be able to go to Cambridge in a fortnight's time (which in itself was a replacement for a holiday in the Netherlands) and I won't see my parents for several months. Still, the gooseberry wine had a real taste of Chardonnay, so it wasn't all doom and gloom.

Taken on 25 September



No comments:

Post a Comment