Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Blackcurrant Wine - First Bottle (D5), 2nd August 2016

This bottle will be remembered for 'The Mahler Flounce'. I opened it in the bar at Rydal about an hour after I walked out of a rehearsal rather more publicly than I had intended. We were playing the Fourth movement of Mahler's First Symphony and I just couldn't bear it. No part of me was enjoying the experience, so I left. But everyone watched my walk of shame all the way back to the Hall. Sharing round a bottle of blackcurrant after that was an act of redemption. It is its usual blackcurranty self, and that is no bad thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment