Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 23 June 2014

Redcurrant Wine - First Bottle (A6), 13th-15th June 2014

This wine is a delightful colour. It is a deep pink with a near metallic shine and it is entirely clear.

When I start a new flavour by praising its appearance, this is often a prelude to disparaging its taste. Redcurrant 2013 is just on the right side of drinkable, and that is disappointing. The initial taste is fine - sharp and sweetish - without being interesting. There is a delayed aftertaste of mustiness - though the delay is several seconds. Therefore, if you drink it quickly enough, you can store up a concentrated flavour of dead moth until the very end. I think I prefer to take my mustiness in stages. Not a great success.


If you want to see how I made this wine (!) click here


No comments:

Post a Comment