Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Crab Apple Wine - Fifteenth Bottle (A5), 9th February 2013

I have just watched a nasty little film; Black Death starring Sean Bean. It is set in England in 1348, and I was hoping for a plague drama with an emphasis on pestilence. Instead, despite a promising first twenty minutes, what we got was vaguely supernatural hokum with definite goodies and baddies, and a large dollop of cruelty thrown in. Still, it passed the time and the crab apple wine slipped down nicely. To the extent that my cheeks are currently numb.

It has been a rare lazy Saturday where I haven't really done anything. I am getting through this month's Book Group book - The Accidental by Ali Smith. It is the second time I have read it, and it is excellent. The teenage boy's voice is particularly convincing - a brilliant portrayal of the depths of self-hatred and despair.

2 comments:

  1. I bought 'A Month In The Country' on Kindle yesterday Ben. It's fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation on your earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, Dave. It is a lovely book - and subtle too. I enjoyed the whole concept of an outsider observing and then becoming part of a rural community.

    ReplyDelete