Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 22 December 2012

Elderflower Wine - Seventh Bottle (B6), 21st December 2012

This was a rare beast of a bottle. I gave it away, and it is sitting on Angie and Phil's kitchen counter, unopened. My mother believes I am miserly with my wine, and as this is the first bottle I have given to someone for about two years, she probably has a point.

Anyway, the occasion was the annual Christmas Carolling trek round Angie's neighbourhood, followed by mince pies and mulled wine. It is the only time of year when I sing (save for weddings and funerals) and I find that I enjoy it. I would love to be able to sing in harmony, however, but can only do the tune.

This event always marks the proper start of Christmas for me, helped this year by it coinciding with the last day at work in 2012. So, worth sacrificing a bottle of elderflower wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment