Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Blackcurrant Wine - Final Bottle (2), 5th June 2012

It was the final night of Patriotic Fervour on Tuesday and this was the second bottle opened to mark the occasion. Having to go to work the following day was not given a moment's consideration. Bob and Judith are staying and my father came over for the evening, so I wanted to give them one of my better bottles. They should feel truly honoured: not only is blackcurrant one of the nicest wines I make, it was also my last of this flavour in the house. There was too little fruit in 2011 to make any - though our bushes this year look promising.

The other celebration was Claire completing the Jubilee Raised Bed, in which she has planted the Jubilee Courgettes. This project has been going on some time - delayed by weather, by the wrong sort of mortar and by the general lack of time. But it is now finished and we shall have courgettes in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment