Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday, 14 January 2012

Redcurrant - Bottle A6, 13th January 2012

It is with great surprise and pleasure that I can announce that this bottle was Quite Nice. Not the delicious redcurrant of 2009, you understand, but far better than any yet of this vintage. I cannot explain why.

We drank it on an unexciting Friday night where the menu was 'The Sick and the Weak' in a mustard white sauce topped by Thursday's excess mashed potato and cheese, and the activivity was 'General Sitting Around'. I am reading the second volume of Stephen Fry's autobiography; The Fry Chronicles; which s engrossing and gossipy, so much of the wine was drunk to that. Few could acuse me of having a rock and roll lifestyle.