Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 28 January 2012

Hawthorn Blossom - Bottle 2, 28th January 2012

Despite having a temperature of 100.2o (or 38o in old money if you prefer) I can still drink half a bottle of wine. This is purely an experiment to lower my body heat, you understand, and nothing at all with it being a Saturday night. In fact, the combination of ill-woozy and alcohol-woozy is an interesting one, and probably not to be recommended. I have been feeling sorry for myself since Wednesday, and steadfastly in my pajamas since Thursday night. Our supplies of paper hankies are diminishing. Never mind.

This wine was far better than I remember previous bottles of Hawthorn wine. Possibly it is the maturation. Or it could be that illness does odd things to my taste buds.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got a copy of your book today Ben. I really like the chatty writing style, self deprecation and all the really interesting anecdotes! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Dave. Tell all your friends! You will have noticed that I haven't posted for about a week - and that is because I haven't had a bottle of wine since the Hawthorn. Nothing to do with being ill (which I am not anymore, though I have shared it with my wife), just lack of time. Tonight, though, I predict a bottle of Tea Wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have recovered from your illness Ben.

    I forgot to sat that the book is also witty with a few sprinklings of pathos. All great ingredients for a very good book.

    I don't even make wine and I enjoyed reading your book. How did the bitter making go Ben?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bitter remains in its bottles - I have yet to open one, and am looking for the right occasion.

    Do you know what has happened to the Good Life Press Blog? It has been down for a week now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what's happened to the GLP Blog Ben? I was going to ask you the same question.

    Bitter: John Seymour said that solid bottles are a good sign!

    ReplyDelete