Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 1 April 2021

Blackberry Wine 2019 - Eleventh Bottle (C4), 26th-27th March 2021

Blackberry 2019, on the strength of this bottle, is a fine vintage. It is a wine that is deep and round and delicious. Therefore it is unusual, and shows remarkable restraint, that we have stretched it out over two nights. Friday was a result of having too much to drink on Thursday. Tonight, though, has been Decided By Claire. I quite fancy a whiskey but we have had a Manhattan already and she is probably right. Claire would replace "Probably" with "Definitely"

Our Rhubarb is starting to come through.


2 comments:

  1. Your BlackBerry 2019 sounded perfect!
    My 2020 was quite dry but tastes fine.
    Love your emails, have a good Easter
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 2020 is also a good vintage I think. We have had one bottle so far, but I will probably leave it a couple more months before our second.

      Have a good Easter yourself. I shall be making Spiced Beetroot wine over the next couple of days.

      Ben

      Delete