Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Rhubarb Wine - Twelfth Bottle (C2), 17th-21st February 2018

On Saturday night, as Oscar season approaches, Claire and I watched La La Land, the movie which nearly won last year. It was alright, but both of us were surprised about its adulation. It is no Singin' in the Rain or Cabaret (neither of which won the Oscar either). What impressed me most were the long takes and the not quite Hollywood ending (but with a nod to Casablanca).

Accompanying this was a bottle of Rhubarb Wine, which is always a winner. We stretched the bottle from Saturday to Wednesday, which is unheard of. I had one glass on Sunday after a glass of real red, and the contrast made me realise quite how sweet my homemade wines are.



No comments:

Post a Comment