Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Clementine Wine - First Bottle (5), 9th January 2016

Claire's take on this flavour was "Mildly unpleasant" and she did not alter her opinion the further down the bottle she got. I thought it better than that - if I was to award it a degree, it would get a mid 2:2. There is a hint of bitterness to it, but the citrus taste of clementines is distinguishable. One to drink when there is nothing at all to celebrate.

This was my first bottle of wine for over a week, and drunk on a Saturday when the main activity was buying unimaginative birthday presents for my wife.



If you want to see how I made this wine, click here

2 comments:

  1. I am a long time wine maker from many fruits and grapes. just curious what alcohol content was your final product? Did you measure the gravity of the final product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - thanks for getting in touch. I have stopped bothering to measure the alcohol content, because they always ended up around about the same. The percentage is generally 13% and would only vary by 1% either way. Also, I didn't think that my method was particularly accurate, because it didn't take into account how it might change during the racking process.

      Delete