Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Elderberry wine - Bottle C4, 9th-10th February 2012

I really should give elderberry longer to mature. This bottle tasted young with a suggestion of metal. But it was what I fancied on a Thursday night. Claire had an unexpected evening in; her string quartet was cancelled because of icy roads, so the incentive to open a bottle was greater.

We finished it this evening to a meal of celery soup (I overdid the buying of celery for this month's experimental wine), olive bread and Yorkshire Blue cheese, all of which were satisfying. Half a bottle between two on a Friday night is really Not Enough, so I have supplemented it with a gin & tonic and small (though Claire would argue 'large') glass of port.