Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Citrus Wine - Bottle A2, 5th-7th February 2012

Unusually for a Sunday night, Claire and I each only had a glass of wine. That, of course, does not include the additional glass of redcurrant I snaffled whilst bottling that flavour. But even if that glass is included, it was still an atypical weekend evening. Maybe this was because our evening meal was a (large) slice of rhubarb pie - having been thoroughly stuffed with protein in the afternoon at York.

Tonight saw off the bottle; I was more than ready for a glass after cooking a lentil curry. I had reached the cross, hungry and hassled stage I often experience when preparing food - even though this is one of my regular dishes. Eating and drinking fettled that, particularly as the curry was hot and the wine was sharp. Citrus wine is a fine flavour and I will not hear a word against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment