Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Rhubarb Wine - First Bottle (C1), 6th May 2019

On the basis that Nick supplied the rhubarb for this wine, I took the first bottle with me to Kelso and gave him the first glass. It is not as clear as previous vintages, but it has a pink blush and the taste is good. It always surprises me how much like a white wine it is.

The day had been spent climbing all three peaks of the Eildon Hills, starting from Melrose. This was a difficult and steep walk and was far more effort than its five mile distance suggests. Worth it for the views, though, and we had plenty of wine as a reward.

On top of the first peak
If you want to see how this wine was made, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment