Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Blackberry Wine - Sixth Bottle (C5), 17th November 2102

How could I possibly have a wine party without opending a bottle of blackberry? Victorious in the vote on at least one occasion, this came a surprising fourth out of seven. I think its bubble and fizz counted against it - people expect their red wines to be full-bodied and flat.

You will note that only seven bottles were opened. It was a smaller wine party than expected. From Friday afternoon to Saturday morning I had a flurry of guests e-mailing to inform me of their illness. Jude was most explicit in detailing her levels of snot. Tracey, Catherine, Angela and Jude were all struck down, and this accounted for Chris, Phil and Neil too. I did wonder whether it was something I had said, or possibly the threat of Celery wine. Which will be appearing next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment