Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday, 19 August 2012

Crab Apple Wine - Ninth Bottle (A2), 18th August 2012

Crab apple wine is disappearing faster than the Arctic ice-shelf. I noticed on Wednesday that this bottle's cork was inching its way in an upwards trajectory, so I put it in the fridge to reduce its chances of explosion. This tactic was successful and even on opening very little was lost.

We drank the bottle to home-made chicken curry pasties and then watched episodes of Doctor Who and Hi-de-Hi on DVD. The latter was interesting - it was filmed in 1980 and I have vague memories of seeing it first time round when I was ten. Whilst dated, it merits a re-watch, and it is close to tragedy, despite being a sitcom. Perhaps that is a mark of good comedy. And many of the actors, despite seeming impossibly old when I was ten, were a good deal younger than I am now. Age plays cruel tricks.