Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 30 April 2011

Elderflower - Bottle A5, 30th April 2011

I was in a very bad mood when I opened this bottle. Spending twenty minutes in a traffic jam in Guiseley on a late Saturday afternoon before failing to buy asparagus tends to have that effect. This was on top of a half hour traffic jam in Ilkley earlier in the day. Little makes me crosser. Still, the quartet and trio in between was really good - we were in tune and played well.

Usually when cross I glug my wine. However, this evening I made half a bottle last the duration: watering fruit bushes in the late sunlight, eating vaguely Spanish-themed food (including 'Widowed Potatoes' and a broad bean & chorizo mix) and watching Doctor Who - which was not as good as, and more confusing than, last week's episode.

This batch of Elderflower wine is a winner: strongly flavoured, refreshing, dry and light. Never mind that I should have waited until June before opening a bottle.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, Ars Brevis. I noticed you're a fan of "Other People's Lives". Saying I loved that movie doesn't sound right since it is so sad, and I read that the lead actor passed shortly after it was released. But it is a great film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure - I look forward to the next posting. The reason I stumbled across your blog was because you have listed Robertson Davies as a favourite author. He is unjustly neglected here - I introduced my book group to him with 'What's Bred in the Bone', which I think has some of the best writing about art from any novel - though Michael Frayn's 'Headlong' is also excellent.

    ReplyDelete